I have uploaded an article about how to improve the bent tip of your tati brush on Instagram, and would like to share it here as well.
I didn’t have enough time to edit the videos…so let me show you with the images below.
The tips of tati brushes are made with nylon. Although it depends on how long you have had your brush, how often you use it, and the condition of it, you may still be able to “improve” the bent or opened tip of your tati brush by completing following the steps below.
(Please note: The brushes are expendables, and every time you use them, the heat from friction will exhaust the nylon little by little. Look at the tip of your brush under a light. If you see fuzzy fine hair flowing all around, it’s time to replace it.)
- Here is the bent tip of the Ciel,
- Completely wash all the gel from within the bristles using Krisno’s brush cleaner.
- Do not hold the brush upright 90 degrees. Lay it down to wash it as you form the tip into shape. Do not hold the brush upright, or the bristles will be pushed against the metal frame, and get cut from the base.
- Lightly wipe the brush with paper towel.
- Wash the cleanser (water soluble) in hot (boiling) water. Make sure to use plenty of hot water. A small amount of hot water will not stay hot for very long.
- Dip the brush into the hot water. Face the bent tip against the side of the container as you pick the brush up from the hot water. Imagine you are “ironing” from the opposite side. (If you do this within a pot you boiled the water in, the hot side (wall) of the pot will act as an iron. Make sure that you do not rub or stretch the bristles with a stick. The nylon will stretch and become bent when rubbed.
- Although it’s not perfect, the tip of the brush will now look better. To get the tip into shape, place a small amount of clear gel on the tip, put a cap on it and store.
You can use “tati Brush Cleaner” for the usual cleanse, but please use Krisno’s cleanser for a deeper cleanse. I hope this instruction will help you enjoy your brushes for a long long time.